There are a lot of things that demand our time and attention. To-do lists, appointments, kid’s soccer games, social obligations, housework, food prep, working out, and other tasks can easily take up all of our time, leaving you time to do little else than sleep and do it all again the next day. As a result, many of us put our needs on the backburner and are then left wondering why, even though we completed our entire to-do list, we still aren’t happy.
We find ourselves worn out and unhappy because we aren’t taking care of ourselves.
Today, on the CBX Essentials blog, we are going to explore how we can all take better care of ourselves. Stay right here to learn more and visit our website for natural pain relief cream; we offer all-natural CBD products like our Daily Body Oil, Intensive Salve, and Intensive Skin Repair. Shop all of our products online and treat your body to the best.
It’s Time to Prioritize Self-Care
Self-care isn’t just about making sure to take a shower every day and to eat breakfast. Taking care of yourself is about doing a variety of things that will promote your health and well-being. Though there are a lot of ways to define self-care, today, we are going to look at it from how to take care of each part of our being.
Many work on their body: they eat right, workout, and create habits that will help them look their best. However, though all of these things are good habits to have, there are missing elements for truly taking care of the body — making your body look good isn’t exactly self-care. Caring for your body is so much more:
- Resting – It’s easy to keep pushing ourselves to the limit, but letting our muscles repair, and our body relax is just as important as getting in a killer workout.
- Addressing pain – Though sometimes you have to muscle through the pain, it’s important to address pain — pain is your body trying to tell you something.
- Treating ourselves – Getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or even buying a new natural pain relief cream can be effective ways to treat our bodies after they do so much for us.
In many ways, treating our body right inspires confidence and healthy well being as we show ourselves that we are important enough to take time out of our day to take care of ourselves. Treat yourself to our Daily Body Oil, Intensive Salve, or Intensive Skin Repair.
When it comes to taking care of ourselves, many people make caring for their bodies a priority but fail to take care of their minds — our mind is a part of our body. Our minds influence much of our lives, including our mental and emotional health, our intellect, and our performance at work. Taking care of our minds is just as important as our bodies! Great steps toward better mental health include:
- Journaling – When life feels overwhelming it’s easy to find unhealthy means of coping. However, routine journaling can help reduce stress, help us solve problems, and approach life from a place of greater peace and mindfulness.
- Meditation – Meditation is a means to find greater peace of mind, clear the “static,” and give our brains a well-earned break.
- Brain activities – Listening to podcasts, doing word or number puzzles, reading, and having insightful conversations can stimulate and keep our minds healthy.
Taking care of our mind on a regular basis will increase our quality of life and promote healthy mental function as we age.
No matter what you believe, we all have an inner being that needs to be cared for like our body and mind. Our spirit, though harder to pinpoint, is the center of our desires, emotional life, and who we are innately. One of the best ways to take care of your spirit is to consider what makes you want to get up in the morning or the one thing that you live for — what fills your soul? The answer to these questions depends on your personality, talents, and hobbies. However, many gain benefit from activities like these:
- Creative activities – Spend time being creative “just because” or working on creative projects.
- Friends or family – Spend time with people who lift you up and fill our soul
- Time spent in our happy place – Take time in a place that makes you happy such as the outdoors, the beach, a favorite restaurant, or even on your own porch.
- Laugh – Laughing is medicine for the soul.
Taking time to delight our spirit can dramatically increase our happiness, confidence, and sense of self. When you’re feeling spread too thin or ungrounded, it is time to treat ourselves to some time dedicated to ourselves.
We hope you’ll take some time for yourself this week and be sure to shop our CBD products that can help you feel and look your best!